Practical Completion Inspection
PRACTICAL COMPLETION INSPECTION
Building a new dream home is one of the most exciting events in life, even more so as your home nears completion. However, after you’ve made the final payment and received your keys, do you really know what sort of home you’ll be entering?
It is often only after the final handover stage that problems within a property arise, and all of those niggling issues you uncover can quickly become a major problem when trying to have them rectified by your builder once you have paid the final balance of your account.
Stop your dream home from becoming a nightmare by having us complete a practical completion inspection. We’ll go over all the items listed in your building contract with a fine-tooth comb, giving you complete peace-of-mind before you’re given the keys to the home of your dreams.
The Practical Completion Inspection involves all items stated in Pre-Purchase Building Inspection (Premium).
In addition to the areas we cover in our ‘structural’ inspection (listed above), we also inspect:
- Electrical fittings, power points and light fittings
- Plumbing fixtures and fittings, including vanities and sinks, baths, toilets and all taps
- Appliances, including ovens, cooktop, rangehood and air-conditioning
- RCD safety switches and smoke detectors
- Windows and doors
- Roofing, facia, gutters, downpipes, eaves and barges
- Vents and skylights
- Cabinets and benchtops to kitchen, bathrooms and laundry
- Boundary fencing and retaining walls
- Driveways and pathways
- Surface water drainage
Items included from the structural inspection
- The Interior of the building
- The sub floor space
- The roof space
- The exterior of the building
- The roof exterior
Please note: Double storey homes or homes valued over $500,000 may require a separate quote.